10 x 14 watercolor
Here it is, all finished. I kind of liked it. Although I always look back on a painting and think I could have done so many things better, or at least differently. But, overall I'm happy with it. And it was just so fun to paint. It really went pretty quickly, which always reminds me of something I read in an art book. This woman who paints portraits was asked how long her portraits took. She said something like the good ones don't take too much time, but the bad ones take FOREVER! I would have to agree with that, for the most part :) Now, I'm wondering what to paint next. . . I have a few ideas, and some drawings started. We'll see :)
Instead of a question this week I'm going to do this five question/five answer game that my good friend Michelle Teacress, tagged me with. Here goes!
Where were you five years ago?
1. staying at home with my boys, just two of them at the time. Our youngest was just a few months old, so I was short on sleep but long on love :)
2. My husband had just graduated from college WOO HOO!!!!
3. We were living in a little basement apartment getting ready to buy our first home.
4. I was on a total health food kick and was constantly looking for new, healthy recipes that my family would actually eat.
5. I was FINALLY understanding how watercolor worked, and had just completed two portraits that I thought I could actually let other people see.
Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. A signature member of the American Watercolor Society, or at least closer to that than I am now :)
2. Still a stay at home mom
3. Completed not just one, but two marathons (Park City is on my list of must runs!)
4. For those of you that don't know, I'm also a writer, and I would dearly love to be published one day. just to have someone hold my book in their hands. So maybe in five years I'll be published, but maybe I won't. But I will be that much closer to the goal.
5. More confident, and happy with who I am.
What is/was on your to do list today?
1. A bunch of boring housework :(
2. go to the reception for two of my art exhibits
3. play with my kids
4. write something that I feel good about
5. try to shorten the time on my sketches. See how accurate I can get in the shortest amount of time.
What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Kazoozles (fruit punchy licorice candy, yummy!)
2. Reese's peanut butter cups
3. chocolate chip cookie dough
4. apples with peanut butter
5. red vines
What five things would you do if you were a billionair? (of course I would donate to lots of worthy charities, especially animal rescue, children's hospital and my church. These answers are after all that is done, purely selfish things :)
1. Buy my mom a new house
2. Buy us a larger, newer house with land for a horse
3. hire a maid
4. go on a family vacation to Disneyland. And a trip with just my husband to Fiji.
5. Buy all the books I wanted ( I would have the most awesome library ever!)
Fun huh? Now, in the true spirit of all good things bloggy, I tag the following people. Who then post the same Q and A on their blog, linking back to me and then tagging more people. If you want, don't feel like you have to. But come on, it's fun :)
Kim from eat, drink, paint
Kim from under the umbrella
Catie and Stefanie from Run on (yes both of you)
Sandra from Sandraws
Carrie from Carrie's Creations
I can't wait to read them guys! Also, if your name's not on this list but you would love to do this then consider yourself tagged. Have a great weekend everyone!