watercolor work in progress
15 x 20
Remember a few posts ago when I told the story of my two year old who ate my still life set up? Well this is what I've decided to paint instead of plain old apples. There's a story here which hopefully will be more apparent when this painting's finished. You'll have to wait and see. :)
And my 'what to paint next' poll is over and do you see what I have to paint now? A landscape. This should be interesting. I've never felt particularly drawn to landscapes and since I'm a bit of a detail type person this will be a challenge for me. I'm trying to think of what kind of landscape it should be. Probably something with snow, because it's winter here in Utah.
Now, on to Small Things To Be Thankful For:
1. My kids are out of school for Thanksgiving break and thus today I will not be a taxi driver all day long. This makes me happy as I have recently discovered that a very large portion of my day is spent in my car ferrying kids to and fro all their different activities. I love my car and all, but we need a little bit of a break.
2. My husband is not making his famous creme brulee for Thanksgiving this year. This of course was initially on my list of Things To Cry About (remember how I'm a bit of a list junkie?), but I've decided to look on the bright side. So, no sinfully, seductive, delicious creme brulee but also no 5,000+ calorie desert. My skinny jeans say thank you.
3. There are people out there (ahem. . . that would be you reading this :) who like what I paint and are kind enough to take the time to tell me so. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. :)
4. We had a severe snow storm (so the weather people say) last night and now my kids are out building The World's Best Snow Fort. Complete with stairs, a second floor, and turrets I believe. At least that's what the blueprint they made said.
5. My husband telling me I'm beautiful. I never get tired of hearing that. All you husband's out there, consider this information I've just given you your secret weapon.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!
Your turn. What are you thankful for?