Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Like a Rusty Faucet

Gypsy Liberty
3.5 x 9.5 inches
watercolor on paper

I've always been the type of person to dive headfirst into whatever it is I'm passionate about at that moment. it consumes me and it's all I think about. I live it, breathe it, dream it. If I'm awake I'm either practicing my passion, or I'm thinking about when I next get to practice. 

But inevitably, that ends in a burn out. Well. . . most of the time. 

And then it's weeks or months on end before I pick up that passion again. And at first it's a little like an old faucet that hasn't been used for a while. It sticks, doesn't open right, and then after smacking the stupid faucet with some type of tool (a wrench maybe) it starts to trickle a little water.  Then the next time you try to use that faucet it's just a little easier to open. Doesn't take as much. . . abuse to get it to start flowing, even if it is still just a trickle. 

Slowly, if you're patient, and you don't give up, and you use that faucet every day, it flows effortlessly. Like it used to when it was brand new. Like it was made to. 

That's how I feel about painting right now. 

For a long time I let my skills get rusty. But with practice I'm back at home again. And back in the flow. 

It's a great place to be. 

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, reminds me of 'Stewball'

    "....Oh Stewball was a racehorse, and I wish he were mine.
    He never drank water, he always drank wine.
    His mane it was silver, his coat it was gold
    and the story of Stewball has never been told"

    Well you've told the tale here in a beautiful painting, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that!! Where does it come from? And thank you John. :)

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXdQB-mR4tg

      Delete
  2. Well your paintings don't look remotely rusty! They are as beautiful as they always were and nowhere is this more evident than here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sandra! ANd your paintings are looking beautiful as well!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see your work again, crystal.Your colors are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog, thank you so much for sharing such valuable information with us. Visit Mutualfundwala for the best investment schemes and mutual fund advisor.
    Mutual Fund Companies

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is really amazing, thank you so much for sharing this. Get an awesome School Bus Painting and Fleet Painting at Kalakutir Pvt Ltd in Delhi, India.
    School Bus Painting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since 2010, Lakshay Arora Stock Broker in Delhi 9+ year's Experience , We are deal in Intraday tips provider in Delhi, Stock Market Expert in Delhi, Mutual funds Expert in Delhi, Types of Investment and Demate Account Service in Delhi etc. Contact us for these types of services

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virtual event platforms that offer gamification will often include a dedicated tab where attendees can view tasks to complete as well as the game leaderboard. virtual edge and gift ideas online

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails