Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Call It A Day

'Call It A Day' 
7 x 10 inches watercolor on paper
$150 plus $7 US shipping, or $15 International


Every Easter Sunday we go to my Mom and Dad's house and have a big egg hunt with me and my sister and our families. It is so much fun, my favorite part of the new year, and it never really feels like spring until we get to do that. 

My mom has lilac bushes surrounding her yard that are blooming, and there's always tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths in every color imaginable all over. The cherry tree is full of fluffy white blossoms and there's always the sound of laughter and shrieking as the kids chase after butterflies, or the kids get chased by my husband. :) It sounds idyllic I know, but well, it kind of is. Just a perfect family day. My favorite kind of day. 

I started this painting last spring, but somehow lost interest in it after a while. Then the other day when I was looking for painting boards I found it again and decided to finish it. I had a lot of fun with that background and didn't want to cover it up too much (which I sometimes do then regret it later) so I just suggested the fence and grass here and there.

My favorite part is my sons colorful shoes. They are Lego shoes, and have little lego pieces on them. They were his first 'real' pair of shoes that he could actually walk in. He wore them until they were completely beat up he loved them so much. I still have them and will never part with them. :)

 

13 comments:

  1. I am glad you finished it. It is very playful and summer like. Make one wish the spring was here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roger! I wish spring was here too! It's coming, but taking it's dang time. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great family get-together! Your painting is very light and Spring-like - beautiful! And I LOVE the striped shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dreamy piece for a dreamy kind of day, it all sounds and looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweetheart of a painting! How can you part with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pura ternura, mucha expresión, definición, y un uso exquisito de la acuarela...
    Abrazos, y felicitaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is like a dream!! It's like emotion in paint! Whimsical and joyful:) Love the lego shoes:)) Why can't they stay little a few more years, sniff, sniff. I just realized that school is almost over and I soon will have 1st grader, I just want to push pause for a while and savor the innocence:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vous avez bien fait de reprendre cette aquarelle qui me remplit d'émotions...
    Il me tarde de voir batifoler les papillons... J'aime l'innocence de cette belle oeuvre... à garder précieusement!
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds so idyllic! And it's such a lovely painting! I love the little Butterfly - and the brightly coloured shoes! I miss those days of Egg Hunts. Mind you, my daughters boyfriend has a little two year old boy and he is ADORABLE!! We just think he is SO gorgeous, so we will probably do an Easter Hunt just for him :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Crystal, this is just too adorable. I can even imagine a little pouty mouth as he walks home without catching one butterfly and thinking if he only knew one was following him home.....aw! I am so glad you finished it. I hope your day is as special as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The way you've dropped colours into wet and the way they have run back here Crystal has worked so well. It's a wonderful characteristic of watercolour that cannot be achieved with any other medium. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails