Monday, March 18, 2013

Dauntless - Arabian Horse - SOLD

'Dauntless'  SOLD
5" x 7" colored pencil on Ampersand Pastelbord

I love the way this horse is turning, quickly and gracefully. Mane and tail flying. And the sun on his grey coat, all those colors in the shadows. I don't really have much to say about him other than that. He is a beautiful horse and I tried to capture him the best I could.

Reference photo by seed of beauty on deviantART, thank you! 

And since some of you asked about our St. Patty's day dinner here are a few pics:

 Cheese ravioli (which I bought, because seriously who has time to make that on their own?) with a green Alfredo sauce, which was just pureed frozen peas added to a traditional Alfredo sauce - which I did make, huzzah for me! Although my husband told the kids it was shamrocks that made the sauce green and not peas. I did not correct him. ;) 


Pistachio pudding over an Oreo cookie crust and topped with whipped cream for dessert. My oldest son pretty much did this whole thing by himself. :) Proud mama moment!

Green fruit salad, which was supposed to be cute fruit kabobs on skewers but. . . I forgot I was out of skewers, so fruit salad it was! We also had a green marshmallow creme fruit dip, steamed broccoli, and green fruit punch. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved it, although perhaps not the broccoli. :)))

Happy Monday everyone!! :) 

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! BRAVO, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Kathryn! Especially considering your knowledge of horses. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the bold contrast and the abstract qualities in this one, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Roger, that is such a strong point of yours so I'm really happy you would think so. :)

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely OUTSTANDING, Crystal!! and the black background is very dramatic..Love this piece! The fruit salad is wonderful as well as the pistachio pudding.. I'm not sure about the green alfredo sauce!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Hilda! I admit it does look a little. . . nasty, but it was good I swear! I had a rough time thinking of a green main dish my kids would eat, they aren't fond of veggies.

      And thank you so much for the compliment!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! Two things. One, your painting, or rather drawing, is absolutely GORGEOUS! It looks like it was painted rather than drawn and I'm stunned over how you accomplished this! I so wish I could see you while you work!

    And two, I love the idea of making Pistachio Pudding Striped Delight with an Oreo cookie crust! Atleast, that's what it looks like to me. Sooo yummy sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pastel! Very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't blame them for the broccoli! XD

    That horse, THAT WHITE, is just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mornin Crystal, wow that was a green feast fit for the royalist leprechaun. Love the pea idea. You mean not one of the little Cooks tasted it and said "this tastes like peas." Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Dauntless" I could use some of his spirit. What a great piece, so vitally alive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm running out of glowing adjectives! inspiring, outstanding, masterful, daunting, overwhelming, brilliant. amazing!!!

    love the green vittles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops! I nearly missed this! What a stunning horse! The colours in that coat are just breathtaking! I love the way the mane is flying around... Gorgeous! And I'm loving the green food, lol! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have really managed to catch the horses spirit and grace in this painting! It´s so beautyful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay - I love the painting as I told you on FB but I have to comment on your GREEN DINNER! Props my friend! You did the leprechauns proud : ) That is fun. This brings a wealth of possibilities...I've never thought of monochromatic meals before... : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoy seeing what you're up to with your work, but this one really is stunning. The design elements, especially those streaming lines make this such a strong piece. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails