Thursday, December 13, 2012

Detonate - Arabian horse SOLD

'Detonate'  SOLD
6" x 6" watercolor on paper
$65 plus $10 US shipping, $15 International
 


Reference photo by Chunga-stock on deviantart, thank you!

The power this horse had was so compelling to me. I wanted to crop in close on his action to make it seem like he was ready to explode out of the frame, that's why I decided on the 6 x 6 size. Hopefully that's the message that comes across. :)

I hesitate to say that I'm working on a series of horses, because that's usually when I feel like moving on to something else, but just so you know that might be what I'm doing. Something like a series, but let's not technically call it a series okay? :)

And here is a photo of the beautiful ACEO that my dear friend Carol sent me. I won it from her blog and I love it so much. It reminds me of my mom who loves to garden and grows the best tomatoes
I've ever tasted.

 

7 comments:

  1. I love the explosiveness you captured in that horse, Crystal. Absolutely amazing. And, thanks for the shout out. You are a dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the movement. You've captured it perfectly. I feel like I can reach out and touch him (not when he's jumping around though)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really explosive. Great movement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing! The power and movement in the horse is quite incredible! And the shine on his coat is beautiful.
    Isn't it amazing what can be created from a sheet of paper and some paint? I have no doubt that your - um - indefinite collection of horses will be a real treat :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Crystal! and yes, Powerful..the movement is definitely taking it out of the canvas. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did capture the explosive power very very well! I can almost feel it bursting out from the paper. Your horse paintings are definitely my favorite -- theycapture the strength and the soul of these beautiful creatures like nobody!...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant!!! Take it from a horsey person - this is great, Crystal! You have perfectly rendered that explosive movement and feeling of a horse having a blast. Bruno was doing that yesterday. :) Important to be cool and quiet as they blast around you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails