Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 of 2012

 
This has kind of become a tradition for my blog. Every year I post the paintings that rank among my favorites. Some for technical reasons, others for an emotional attachment I have to them. This year has been so good to me. It's my first full year as a 'daily painter' and I have been so blessed with some wonderful opportunities (becoming a part of the Daily Painters gallery one of the highlights), new friendships (*waves* hello new friends!), deepening older friendships (*sugary squeezy hugs* for all of you), and a whole lot of blissful painting time and lessons learned.
 
Learning how to use oil paints has also been a highlight for me this year (thank you for that wonderful shipment my dear friend Sandra!) and I plan to spend more time in the new year learning to paint with them. And of course lots more watercolors and some colored pencil drawings too. 2012 has been a great year, and I know that 2013 will be even better for all of us!   Huzzah and cheers for all that's in store!
 
And now in no particular order, some of my very favorite paintings and drawings from this year:
 
'Aqueous' 6 x 6 in watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because glass, water, and colorful shadows are FUN to paint!
 

'All Things New' 5 x 7 in watercolor on Ampersand Aquabord 
$100 plus $7 US shipping

Because this is a portrait of my nephew, and my first successful portrait on aquaboard. His eyes were my favorite part.
 
'Acceptance' 6 x 6 in. watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because her expression speaks to my soul.

'Aurora Borealis' 6 x 6 in oil on panel
$100 plus $7 US shipping

Because this one reminds me of my old dog I used to have. Rest in peace Kiana. :) 

'Faith, Trust, Pixie Dust' 6 x 7 in colored pencil on paper
SOLD
Because I think I caught something magical in her eyes.
 

'She Stood In The Storm' 7 x 9 in watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because I painted what I could not say.
 

'Hidden In Plain Sight' 5 x 7 in watercolor on paper
SOLD

Because I could paint myself for the first time without cringing in shame. 

'Isabelle' 9 x 12 in graphite on paper
Not for sale - my collection
Because I drew mostly from my imagination a favorite character from a favorite book.
 

'Princess' 6 x 6 in oil on panel
SOLD
Because it reminds me of the joy of being a parent.


'Alive' 7 x 9 in. watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because I feel like with this painting I'm an equestrian artist the twelve year old Crystal would be proud of.

'Twilight' 6 x 6 in watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because I love this horse and her owner has become a dear friend, through my art.

'Whispers and Trust'  6 x 6 in watercolor on paper
SOLD
Because of love. :)
 
 
Happy New Year everyone!!!!

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Crystal for the deletion of the comment but after reading the typos it just didn't say what I wanted it to say - lol. I will learn to proof read in 2013.
    You favorite collection is wonderful and I so enjoyed looking at them. You are able to bring so much emotion into your work. May your 2013 be filled to overflowing with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah.........and wishes for a wonderful New Year for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing selection of your work Crystal. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work shines and sparkles with light! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful year in review.....but I think you could do that with every post. you inspire the internet with your work. all the best to you and yours in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is amazing.. happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a splendid collection! Any artist would be proud of it. I hope 2013 turns out to be even better for you with respect to your career as an artist and also in personal life. My best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I can't believe you learned oil painting this year (!), it looks like you have been doing it for years! One of my (many) favorites of yours is a watercolor of a glass of tea and the Shiver book. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal, you always inspire me with your depth of love and compassion, and your openness with your feelings. I consider myself so fortunate to have met you, if only through our blogs.
    With love
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year to you too Crystal:) This list could be so much longer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails