Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wind Chill - SOLD

'Wind Chill'  SOLD
8" x 10" oil on gesso board
$100 plus $10 US shipping or $15 International
Still posting some of the oil paintings I finished last month. This one is my last one I think.

In November our family went to a book launch for one of my son's favorite authors (Brandon Mull, author of the Fablehaven series, and Utah native). It was outside at a beautiful park and it was evening, so gorgeous sunlight was everywhere! And wind! Which means billowing sunstruck hair and rosy cheeks!I got some pretty cool photos that I'm going to be painting from. This is one of them. I love those bits of orange from the setting sun in her hair and face.

There was also a marshmallow war going on at this book launch. There were hundreds of kids throwing marshmallows at each other as if their lives depended on it. I was pelted by about a million of them. Which actually, kind of hurts after a while. Especially if said marshmallow is stale.
 
But Christmas is almost here guys!! I'm so excited. Even if my life feels like this: "First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can. . ." Busy, busy, busy! But such good times, I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)
 
PS If you're looking for last minute gifts December 20 is the absolute, last day that I can ship anything out in the US and still arrive in time for Christmas. Take a look around my etsy shop if you need some ideas. :)  

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear! Huzzah!
 

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Crystal! I love the red hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma chère Chrytal je trouve ce portrait absolument extraordinaire... J'aime ce regard rêveur, innocent à la fois inondé par la lumière du soleil qui se conjuguait avec la fête... Une peinture remplie d'amour.

    Merci pour cette très jolie publication... Je vous souhaite une très jolie nuit de Noël et de belles fêtes de fin d'année.

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the roughness of it and how the wind is blowing in the hair, well done.

    I wish you a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love the golden light of the evening,too.Its the best time to take pictures.The portrait looks beautiful,bathed in golden glow.
    Wish you a Merry Christmas..hope you enjoy the festival with lots of love and chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful! i love the sun-kissed tips of her hair - Truly amazing!
    Have a wonderful Christmas Crystal :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! THIS IS PERFECT CRYSTAL! sorry, i'm shouting...but really, this is one of your very best and that's no easy feat, the consistency of your level of skill is outstanding. wishing you and yours a peace and love filled holiday season my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!!! This is truly beautiful, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Love the red hair! Have a merry Christmas with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Crystal. I too love how you did the hair and the background. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Angels in the snow, what a wonderful way to play--better than being pelted with marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning study this is. You've really captured the sense of wind and sun brilliantly. Awesome!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Crystal:) Were on earth you get the time to make all these beautiful paintings? I have no kids and always short of time! I think you are a great mum! Your painting is beautiful an almost can feel the campfire you were all sitting around.
    I wish you, your husband and your kids and all your other family a very merry Christmas and a happy 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful ! ..happy christmas to you and your family crystal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails