Friday, December 28, 2012

Skylight - SOLD

'Skylight'  SOLD
colored pencil on bristol smooth paper
ACEO size, 2.5" x 3.5"
 


I think this mini size of ACEO's (Art Cards, Editions, and Originals) was a perfect fit for my desire to draw something detailed and reflective yesterday. I LOVE detail, but sometimes, find it tedious if it's on a large scale. So this tiny size, for my slightly frazzled, post holiday, pre-middle child's birthday (my son's birthday is December 30) filled my need for detail work and my lack of time. :) Win, win right?

 
I love horse's eyes. And the way the sunlight caught this horse's eye, and the landscape surrounding it was very captivating to me.

 
Happy New Year everyone!! Huzzah for all the awesomeness in store for all of us next year!!
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Really incredible, Crystal! So tiny and detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So small and beautiful, Crystal! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I love it, Crystal..........hope your day is special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done! happy new year to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So tiny and yet so detailed! It's gorgeous!! You should do more miniature paintings or drawings like this to fill in those small gaps of time and still be creative! I thought my recent 8" x 8"s were small!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Here's to a happy and creative New-Year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing detail in such a small piece. Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An other one just flying out of the door like a charm! I am not the least bit surprised though -- it is so beautiful and exquisite! The eye that reflect the soul... I am learning a lot from your pragmatic approach too -- and I think I will try to do some simpler and smaller projects that I can manage to finish in busy times. Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    My very first visit to uour blog, but Im sure it will not be the last! Beautiful pencil work! Really amazing! Doing great pieces with coloured pencil is not for everyone, but you surely do that great!

    Happy new year!
    Ruthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Crystal. Your horse's eye is exquisite!
    And I will wish you and your family a most happy and healthy and prosperous New Year, and for you - a most wonderfully creative one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through the Leslie Saeta 30 painting in 30 days challenge, which I have also joined! You are a very talented painter, lovely work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails