Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Let It Snow - SOLD

'Let It Snow' SOLD
6" x 6" watercolor on paper
$65 plus $7 US shipping or $15 International

Last winter my youngest son was playing with some of his toys and books (suspiciously very quietly) when he suddenly came to get me to see what he had built. On the floor was a long line of books placed end to end, covering the entire room. And on each book was a little toy.

He was SO proud of what he had done. I took a bunch of photos of him and his book 'train' and then I saw this little pig with wheels sitting on top of one of his favorite Toot and Puddle books. The light was so pretty, and I thought it was an awfully cute coincidence that the two illustrated pigs just so happened to be looking up at the little toy.

It needed to be painted. So I owe the composition here to littlest Cook. :)  

10 comments:

  1. How sweet. Sometimes we need to look through the eyes of the children to see the magic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Crystal,
    So cute! Ah, the picture book always catches my eyes at anywhere.
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nicely done! Its always difficult for me to make stuff that's printed on a paper (which is a part of the still life) look distinct from the other sold objects in the still life. You hve done it beutifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting - and bravo to the compositor :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - he must be so proud that he composed his Mummy's latest painting! And what a lovely story behind it! You're right - It makes the perfect painting. I LOVE it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story, Crystal! It appears your son has inherited your eye for design. :) The painting is fabulous! You have captured such a perfect 3-D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful, Crystal!!! and LOVE the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable story :) and the painting turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so smart and cute.. Do give my regards to little cook. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails