Monday, August 23, 2010

If you think you can, you CAN


     This is a picture of a card I found last year when I was browsing through a craft store. I love that little duck, so I grabbed it and read the quote on the front which is one of my favorites. If you can't read it, it says:

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
Walt Disney

Then I opened it up and on the inside it says:

If you think you can, you can.

     I found this little two dollar card so inspiring that I bought it and set it on my art desk for a long time. Then I started carrying it around in my notebook where I write down ideas for future paintings, or stories and somehow it got lost. I was sad, I looked everywhere for it, but couldn't find it. Those of you who really know me, know that this is not uncommon, I ALWAYS misplace things. ALWAYS.

     Then yesterday, I found it! Yay! So I thought I would share it with you. I think self doubt is one of the biggest problems for artists, we never think we're good enough, or talented enough, or capable, or clever. We have a hard time believing that good things can happen to us and our work. But we're wrong. We are all talented, fabulous, inspired and hard working. We can do this.

     If you think you can, you can.

     Happy Monday everyone. Have a great day :)

8 comments:

  1. So inspirational! What a great card. Such a terrific reminder! Great post today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true but so hard to remember! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that lovely story, Crystal. I have to repeat to myself every day the phrase, "I am an artist" because I still can't believe that I really am. Enjoy your evening. I am also a nurse so I will be off to work shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I think you are correct about the self doubt part. But it is a part and parcel of the journey I think. It helps you to move forward as much as it holds you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you were upset at losing this delightful card - both pictorially and the quotations. Its one of those pictures that makes you say 'Aaaaah' but on reading the quotes makes you realise this little cute creature has brought you such wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you have just described me exactly! What a cute ducky! :0D

    ReplyDelete
  7. you said that right. I feel that way all the time.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails