Wednesday, August 11, 2010

WIP Wednesday


latest watercolor portrait, work in progress
10 x 14 watercolor

      I don't think I will ever get tired of painting portraits. Sometimes I think to myself maybe you should do more figures, or landscapes, or something other than a face. But it's just not where my heart is when it comes to painting. I love, absolutely love, the process of capturing expression. Whether it's a person or an animal, I love trying to express how I see someone.

      This painting is coming along well, I wish you could see it  in real life because there are some beautifully subtle violet and rose colors that I just couldn't capture in the photo. I'm treading very lightly with this, trying to make sure that every brushstroke counts. That I'm not fussing around. Now, I just have to see it through to the end. Until tomorrow, friends. :)

9 comments:

  1. Wow thats amazing how your captured the shading..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Crystal! It is hard to capture the true beauty of a painting through the lens of a camera. I can't wait to see the final painting. I'm struggling with what I like to paint, I think it's terrific that you know, you love painting portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Crystal.......and, I can see those colors when I enlarge your posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal, I'm sitting here with my girls looking through all of your art, all of your past posts - so beautiful. We are so very impressed, as usual. If you have a show sometime soon, please let us know. We want to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expression is so important when it comes to painting faces and they are so easy to get wrong. Whenever i look at your paintings I can always see such thought behind the eyes. I haven't yet come across anyone else who does this as well as you. Just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Robin! :)

    Thanks Carrie! Good luck with finding what you love to paint, it'll come to you. Or maybe you'll be one of those painter's who finds joy in painting lots of different things :)

    Thank you Carol! I'm glad you can see those colors a little better, but I still think it looks better in real life :)

    Thank you very much Michelle, that is a great compliment :) I'll be sure to let you know, I probably should update that on here somewhere. :)

    Sandra, thanks so much friend :) That really means a lot to me, high praise indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats what I feel,too!I would never get tired of portraits, just like you:)this one is very beautiful,too.Kids and youngesters have a radiance in their faces and its so nicely reflected in this portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the sign of beauty in this portrait:)Crystal, this one is a happy painting, If I wouldn't read your preamble, but your brushstrokes tell us!!!!Painting portrait for me, I likely feel tense:( However, it's pleased always to see your new post in each time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And your just so good at it! I love your portraits. :D There is just something about how you capture the light. Fannnntastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails