Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hoot Hoot

'Hoot Hoot' 
5 x 7 inches watercolor on paper
$65 plus $8 US shipping, or $20 International 


Clearly my creative well for owl titles has run dry. I know I paint owls a lot, but I'm really fascinated with the colors in their feathers (like this guy's white, but not white chest) and their intelligent expressions. 

And I have had an idea for an owl/figure painting (not like an owl human hybrid, which would be terrifying, but like a figure AND and owl together) that I've wanted to do for a while just haven't got to yet. 

I got a little excited about all the colors I put into this one. I think it may be because this is my first watercolor since I painted with oils for a while. I was enjoying the flow. 

:) 

7 comments:

  1. You've made those watercolors sing! Geeez I have been seeing owls everywhere lately online :) Now yours! Sure is a purty one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so brilliant, just love the colours and that all to knowing look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors just GLOW! I love your handsome owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is gorgeous! Yes, the colours are so beautiful! I'm intrigued by your idea of a figure with an owl... Maybe it'll be Harry potter, lol!
    I also miss the immediacy of watercolour sometimes, but somehow I rarely get around to using them! I will do though... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors on this owl..

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's perfect! Have you made an owl out of the polymer clay yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails