Monday, February 25, 2013

Sweet Baby Girl - sold

'Sweet Baby Girl' sold, private commission
8 x 10 inches watercolor on paper

And here's the finished painting. :) I fell in love with this little girl, she is so happy and smiley. There was such a variety of colors in her skin tones, reflecting from the little pool she's sitting in, which was very fun. And I've already heard from my client who is very happy with the painting. Which makes for a very happy artist. :))) 

I used three colors to paint her skin tones, permanent rose, cobalt blue, and hansa yellow light. That's all. You can do a lot with primary colors when painting skin. And my own personal opinion is that when you avoid using brown (like burnt umber) in skin tones the subject seems more alive. Even when I paint dark skin tones I never use brown. Although I do use burnt sienna, which is more of a rich orange and beautifully transparent, perfect for skin. I just didn't use it here.

Anyways. . . Babbled on enough I suppose. Thanks for taking a peek at my work and following along on the progress. :)

Huzzah for Monday being nearly over!!

10 comments:

  1. She is wonderful Crystal, you have painted so much happiness in that little one. Thanks for sharing your color choices as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I look at the painting and I can hear her laughing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be so proud of this painting! She's beautiful, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her skin tones are fabulous, and I love that beautiful baby smile.
    Excellent, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not babbling, it's a colour tip, and I could use all of those I can get! What a beautiful job you did with this, it will be a treasure for the family I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Crystal, you are ace at painting children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job and I appreciate you sharing the palette. I don't think I have any of those colors in my palette, oops! Guess I'll add them to my list for my next order. She is so lively and I love the background as well! I'm sure you have a happy client:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Crystal,
    Contgrats! Really a lovely work. (today, my work was sold, too! Ah, nice!) Keep up.
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I can't believe that I almost missed this! It occurred to me this morning, when I opened your blog, that you had been posting other things but I hadn't seen this one finished - so I scrolled back to check I hadn't missed it and here it is!! You post so fast I can barely keep up :0)
    And it is SO gorgeous! Beautiful in fact! That happy face just makes me want to laugh. SO cute! I'll bet Mummy was so chuffed with this :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails