Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meet Cute

'Meet Cute' 
5" x 7" oil on panel
$65 plus $8 US shipping, or $20 International 


Reference photo by Julia Ballarin, thank you! 
 
One of my favorite movies is 'The Holiday' with Jude Law and Kate Winslet. I love that little old man Kate's character meets who used to make old time Hollywood movies. That's where I first heard of the term 'meet cute.' I've been wanting to use it as a title for one of my Smitten paintings for a while so here it is. 

Meet cute: Scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-be-together-forever sort of way (the more unusual, the better). Definition courtesy of urban dictionary. 

This is another oil painting that I did a while ago but forgot to post. I don't know why I do that. It's not like I have ten different places all over the house that I put these little paintings and wait for them to dry. I only have like four or five different places. ;)

In other news, I'm still working on the colored pencil piece. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. I don't want to interrupt my rhythm I've got going with it so I'm only working on this one until it's done. So there may be several days of work in progress posts of this one little drawing. 

Until tomorrow friends! 
 
Listening to: The National (listen to my favorite song here, if you're curious :)
Reading: Wool by Hugh Howey
Watching: Supernatural
Snacking on: Dove chocolates


7 comments:

  1. Love this painting, Crystal! Its hard to believe these dogs are on such a small canvas..as far as "The Holiday" with Jude Law..I think I must have watched it at least 10 times...loved it.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. You are just as fabulous with oils as you are everything else! And you still manage to make them look so translucent and fresh. It must be a gift :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect name for this piece (loved that movie by the way)
    Love the look exchanged between these two, you captured it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking it's time for Crystal to have a studio-a room of her own. Super Sweet painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good with animals. And yes,you should have a space of your own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails