Monday, February 18, 2013

Undecided SOLD - Southeast Asian girl drawing

'Undecided'  SOLD
6" x 6" sepia colored pencil on paper

My kids are back in a bunch of lessons (guitar, Tae Kwon Do, Spanish reading) after taking a break during the holidays so I have quite a lot of time to draw while waiting in the car for them. :) Which is where I did most of this drawing. 

What I loved most, and hoped to capture, was her very concerned expression, especially the little wrinkles in her smooth, youthful forehead. Like she was trying to make a very hard decision. I'm also experimenting a little bit with a slight exaggeration of the facial features with my drawings/sketches. I am trying to emphasize those things that stand out the most to me, what makes me want to draw this person in the first place. I think it worked out well here. :) 

Until tomorrow friends! Huzzah for Mondays!!  

Reference photo by Gustavo Jeronimo, thank you! 

10 comments:

  1. Indeed its worked out very well Crystal. The painting is lovely. You have done great work here.
    Best wishes, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Crystal!! I want to take her home!!! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm so impressed that you did this sitting IN A CAR! You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did indeed capture the perplexed expression! And I laugh to myself, visualizing you creating beautiful art while sitting in the car, waiting for your bots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make it all better for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un autre merveilleux dessin... Une belle expression se lit dans son regard...
    c'est incroyable ! votre voiture prend de la valeur... Lorsque vous la revendrez, n'hésitez pas à dire que c'est l'atelier ambulant d'une talentueuse artiste !
    gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly believe that you draw so beautifully in the car of all places - like it's just filing your nails or something! Not fair!! Humph!
    Wow - it is so amazing... where do you find all of these perfect faces to draw?? You've captured the concerned expression on her face perfectly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did that while waiting in the car? I oficially hate you Crystal. But seriously, I love it! that little bit of exageration on her features does work great!

    Hey I've been wanting to ask you about your pencils, I love my Derwent Traditional but I've been wanting something with very soft leads, sadly my attempt to get soft ones landed me a set of Stabilo carbOthello that I hate with a passion now because they are like chalk. Are yours waxy or soft? chalky? do they have a brand name? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding drawing - full of emotion. I sat and enjoyed looking at it for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails