Friday, January 4, 2013

A Good Dog - SOLD

"A Good Dog"  SOLD
5" x 7" watercolor on paper

“All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

When my son and I went to a dog show last spring we saw this older Boxer boy. He was competing in agility and he was so. completely. AWESOME. Not at agility (although he was pretty good at that too) but just who he was. He stayed right by his owner's (who was an older gentleman himself) side without a leash, keeping his eyes trained on his face. It was devotion I tell you.

But the best part about this dog? When my son asked his owner if he could pet him, this dog (who in my mind is named 'Brutas') reached up and licked my son's chin, then gently, SO gently, placed his paws on my son's shoulders so they were face to face. 

I'm pretty sure my son wanted to kidnap him and bring him home with us. Who am I kidding? I did too!! :) 

And now I shall leave you with one of my favorite dog pictures I found on pinterest. Just for funsies. 

Pinned Image
 
Dawww. :) 

This is painting 3/30 in the 30 paintings for 30 days challenge. Huzzah!

11 comments:

  1. OH MY Gosh, Crystal!!! A precious painting! I love Boxers...and he does look like "a good boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifico, es un autentico Boxer :)


    un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think young boxers are like over exuberant teenagers. As they age they seem to take on a wisdom that you so ably capture here, Crystal. As you may guess, I'm a dog person.

    Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this guy, he's so intent and you did a great job capturing that and more. Congrats on taking on the daily painting, 30 pieces in 30 days, phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed quiet a lot here. Enjoyed going through all your posts.. Looks like you have not taken a break at all during the vacation. Cheers to the Superwoman. :)
    And now you are also doing 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Kudos. And all the best too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your painting. And definitely Ahhh for the photo, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your daily paintings Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How you can paint so well in just one day amazes me! It's a challenge I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to take on. I'd spend most of the time trying to think of 30 things to actually paint!
    I LOVE this photo - SO cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second what Sandra said - amazing what you paint in one day!!!
    I love the Boxer painting, and the story behind the painting, and the "ugly bald puppy" photo! Boxers really are a unique breed - they are so close to happy humans. [I have Lucy, my sister's boxer, lying here behind me, and she made sure I got that down! :) ]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Crystal:) Soooo cute the photo. And your dog painting of Brutas is perfect. Congrats on the selling! Have fun with your 30 paintings:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails