Friday, January 25, 2013

Guardian

'Guardian' 
5" x 7" oil on panel
$65 plus $7 US shipping, or $15 International shipping

 
I am not sure if my favorite kind of owl is the barn owl or the snowy owl. . . Probably the snowy owl because of Harry Potter. But I'm guessing you knew that right? ;) I mean I've only mentioned my deep and abiding love for all things Harry Potter about a million times. 

I really loved the way this owl was illuminated in the darkness. And all the colors in her feathers too. She was challenging for sure, but I'm very happy with how this painting turned out in the end. 

In other news, last night my son (the sculptor of the purple and black dragon a few posts back) received his Arrow of Light award in cub scouting. It's the highest award given to cub scouts. He's worked so hard. Now he's done with cub scouts and moving on to boy scouts. Growing up more and more all the time.   

Here he is pinning his Arrow of Light pin on my shirt last night:


I'm a very proud mamma. :)

Reference photo by Brad Hammonds, thank you! 

Hope you all have one fantastic weekend! See you guys on Monday.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mom!! How proud are you??!!
    Such a beautiful picture of the two of you.
    Wonderful painting of this owl, Crystal! I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting. Congratulations to your son on his achievement. So good for the youngster to have their work acknowledged in the scouting world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son and his parents! That's such a wonderful achievement for him to be proud of. I like the owl painting and the dramatic lighting. It captures the mystique of owls perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations mom you have a terrific son and a wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I have missed some of your posts. [flu turned into pneumonia]
    Your red fox is fabulous! And your son is an angel! Congradulate him for me for achieving the Arrow of Light!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your owl and your post. Congratulations to your son- my boys spent many fun years as scouts- to Eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must CONGRATULATE him on his achievements. :) That is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations - clever boy!!
    How proud you must be :0)
    The owl is absolutely beautiful. I love how he is looming from the darkness. It's my favorite of your owls so far - though I love them all :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You must be a very proud mom and he must be thrilled.

    Wonderful owl. I like everything Potter too. This owl is a beauty, Harry would be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous painting! And congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails