Thursday, January 3, 2013

Frosty

'Frosty'
5" x 7" watercolor on paper
$100 plus $7 US shipping or $15 International


This painting is from a photo I took at that book launch I talked about in a previous post ("Wind Chill"), the one where I got pelted with marshmallows remember? I sure do. ;)
The light was so gorgeous that evening that I tried to take as many photos as possible, but everyone was moving around so much (to avoid death by marshmallow I presume) that I didn't get a whole lot. But I did get this one. And I love the light in this one, that rim around her hair? *le sigh* Makes me so happy!
The background, made up of those magical wet into wet washes (along with a little dry brushing) really caught the look of frost in the air I think. And I feel like I can't take credit for that because it was mostly the watercolor doing all the work for me. :) I was just a conductor, coaxing it ever so gently into the right place.
This is painting 2/30 for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Onward to number 3! Huzzah!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the wet in wet background! It is so yummy that I can eat it... And the rim lighting around her hair -- it just kills! But more than anything, it is the expression on her face that makes my eyes linger in this painting and do not want to leave. You always seem to capture their soul...

    Love the fact that you are doing this project, because selfishly, I'd love to see more of your gorgeous paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is lovely indeed! I love rim lit portraits and you always do such a fabulous job. This is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so perfect! I can really 'see' the cold! I like how I can see her frozen breath around her face. So clever! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rim around her hair as well, Crystal. Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal, her hair and halo are so beautifully done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails