Monday, January 28, 2013

Before Sunset

'Before Sunset' 
5" x 7" oil on masonite panel
$100 plus $7 US shipping or $20 International

“Now she’s lit by the warm orange spreading from the horizon as not-quite-day, becomes not-quite-night”
David Levithan, Every Day

It seemed like every quote I looked for about sunset was either about death or love lost. Not exactly what I was looking for. I've always loved sunset, but not as much as sunrise. Maybe it is because sunset seems to mean the end where sunrise marks the beginning. 

This is my favorite oil painting to date. :) I feel like I can say that since I mention my struggles with oils oh-so-frequently. :D 

Reference photo by Kelsey's Love Fusion, thank you! 

A note to my International buyers: As of January 27 USPS shipping rates have raised dramatically for International shipping and so I had to raise my  shipping prices as well. But, if once I ship your package, it ends up being much less than what I've stated as the fee, I'll refund you the difference. Thank you so much for understanding! If you have any questions about this feel free to email me.

8 comments:



  1. Nowadays, sunglasses are become a trend of fashion. To know what sunglasses are made, can help us to choose a good pair of sunglasses from glasses shops. As a professional glasses supplier, we produce high quality sunglasses and optical frames.


    Crystal Custom
    Promotional Sunglasses
    Promo Sunglasses
    Personalized sunglasses
    Customized sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the roughness in this one, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!! It's hard to believe it's only 5"x7".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colors Crystal! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful, Crystal.! Your work with oils are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beauty. I like how your work in oils tends to be looser. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing that you can work with oils and yet still manage to give such a translucent glow to your paintings - as though you were working with watercolour. Wow - not easy!! This is beeeeeautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails