Monday, January 14, 2013

The Secret - SOLD


'The Secret'  SOLD
ACEO size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) 
watercolor on paper


I think this little Vietnamese girl looks like she's keeping a secret don't you? With her shining dark eyes and tucked in little mouth.


Not much to say today.  I just got back from taking my son to school and my fingers still have white knuckles from gripping the steering wheel so tight!! Ice packed roads are so scary to drive on, especially when you have idiotic drivers who go way too fast other people you have to look out for too. Scary, scary. I don't know what got my heart rate up more this morning, my workout or driving on icy roads.
Reference photo by Linh Ngan, thank you! 

This is painting 11/30 in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Crystal, your ACEO is lovely and I really like the tiny puckered mouth. You've packed so much emotion into this little one. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what you can achieve on such a small piece of paper. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful so cute,love blue and red pattern on the jersey and hat,it frames the little face perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed by both your painting and your manicure, lol! How come your nails aren't covered in paint like mine are? ;0)
    I would never have guessed how small the painting was without the second photo - It's amazing!
    We had a dusting of snow today but the rain has washed it away. More to come on Friday apparently! I have gloves in my car because the steering wheel is so ccccold! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! Amazing job on such a small piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always in awe of your ability and vision of what you choose to paint, Crystal, and this is not exception. She is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you got her look and little pursed lips just right! What a doll :) Watch those icy roads, glad you made it a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the glint in the eyes is so well rendered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe such a beautiful painting on such a small paper, Crystal.. this is beautifully painted...she's SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love it--the size is so sweet. And yes, driving on ice is terrifying! Glad you made it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails