Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beauty, Strength, and Grace - SOLD

'Beauty, Strength, and Grace'  SOLD
5" x 7" oil on panel

 I love grey horses. Their dark muzzles and eyes just get to me. I think it's because when I was little I went to visit this miniature horse farm (oh the cuteness!!) and there was this gorgeous, tiny, white grey stallion with the most beautiful little face. When he walked over to me, friendly as could be, I cupped my hands together and his entire muzzle fit in my palm. It is such a vivid memory that I can still feel the heat of his breath on  my skin. I dreamed for years about owning a horse just like him one day. That day hasn't come yet but I'm not giving up on that dream! :) 

This is the last painting in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I'm really kind of sad that it's over. :( Leslie Saeta, the mastermind of this challenge, and Carrie Waller had a great show today on Artists Helping Artists all about it, with lots of comments from participating artists. Click here to listen to it and be inspired!
'The horse, with beauty unsurpassed, strength immeasurable and grace unlike any other, still remains humble enough to carry a man upon his back.'  - Amber Senti
Reference photo, with thanks, by LRG photography. 

10 comments:

  1. Crystal, this painting is so full of the spirit of the horse. Nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on completing the challenge, you did a wonderful, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for finishing the 30 day challenge! There is nothing in the world like a horse's muzzle. I still get a thrill every day when I play with Bruno's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the light in this one, it glows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's amazing Crystal! So beautiful - those colours and the sunlight through the mane... Gorgeous!
    I wonder if you will be treating your self to a day or two off now? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, the painting and the inspiration behind it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Crystal. Hope things are good with you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Crystal! I really like this one. It glows

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful, Crystal...I love that perfect glow...and that awesome color is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful painting to finish off the challenge. I am so proud of you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails