Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Her Soul is in Her Eyes SOLD

'Her Soul is in Her Eyes'
6" x 6" watercolor on paper SOLD

"Your eyes-- your soul is there, but the rest of you is still so undefined. That's the beauty of childhood. The eyes show everything you've seen so far, but the rest of you is still so open to possibility, to whatever you might become.”
― Bree Despain, The Dark Divine
There was something in this girl's eyes that instantly drew me to her. Something I can't quite put into words. But the quote I found, says a lot of it I think. :) This painting had a very long "ugly" stage. I really thought I'd have to trash it, but then at the end I was able to turn it around. Now this painting is one of my personal favorites. A good way to start the year right?
Photo reference by Tracie76Stock, thank you!
Last Sunday was my middle child's 8th birthday. :) I had my husband take this picture of us, and my heart melted when I saw this look on his face. The same one he had when he was a toddler tugging on my pants and asking me 'I wanna hold you' (how he used to ask me to pick him up and hold him).

My boys are out of school until Monday and we have been pretty much staying in our jammies, playing games, and eating treats all week long. It's been awesome. I'll be sad to see it end. :(

This painting is 1/30 for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Onward to the next! Huzzah!!

And in case you missed my last post click here for details on how you could win a custom portrait painted by me.


21 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous! She DOES have those soulful eyes! Absolutely beautiful!!! I think you should paint your son and you! I love his expression in this picture!!! and now for #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see this collection of 30 in 30! You're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine this painting ever having an ugly stage. It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting and look forward to your daily paintings for the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is lovely, Crystal. And it is a beautiful thing if you can get a little boy to continue to allow you to hold him as he grows up. Too many of them shy away because of their peers. I hope he never changes. Maybe if he knew that a real man shows his emotions he will continue to do so. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is lovely and it a little new for you. The colors are very laid back, dramatic but still very soft. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and serene! And so nice to read about your kids, being an artists and mother myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely painting, Crystal. I love the colouring and light as much as I do the subject ... you've put so much into this one and it shows.

    Family is what it is all about, I'm sure you agree.

    A very Happy New Year to you and your Lovely Family, Crystal. And a few Huzzahs for good measure, Guvnna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! She is lovely and such a sweet expression. Great start on the challenge!

    Also love the photo of you and your son. Great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work SO MUCH and this one is no exception.

    Your picture of your son brought a smile to my face too... mine's recently moved out to go to college and I remember those awesome days just hanging out. Treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL! You are one talented lady!!! Love her Crystal! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely mesmerizing! Fabulous painting Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection! Your painting and your son. Hard to send them back to school after a wonderful staycation! Can't wait to see what your New Year has in store for you and my other creative friends! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Crystal,
    Happy New Year! Oh, the photo is so sweet as well as the uploaded work!! Have a wonderful family time.
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and emotional. You certainly have the gift, Crystal.
    Your son is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Huzzahs to you, and good luck with the 30/30 painting. I KNOW I couldn't do it.
    The young girl's portrait has such a quiet beauty and emotional depth - wonderful, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what an amazing portrait, just chock full of feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails