Friday, January 11, 2013

Little Wise One SOLD

'Little Wise One'  SOLD
ACEO size 2.5 x 3.5 in. watercolor on paper

This little owl was very fun to paint. Owls are always fun to paint though. :) At least in my opinion. The colors are not as true in the photo below as the top one, it's just a way to show you the size of the painting. This is painting 9/30 in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. 



In other news, today is a SNOW DAY!! In Utah of all places. I mean, it's not like we're not prepared for snow, so that must tell you that the storm we had last night was a doozy. I swear we got about twelve inches.  When the kids came up to get ready to go to school and I told them that it was cancelled because of the snow you should have heard them shout 'YESSSS!!!' There was general fist pumping and merry making. Twas awesome. 


Here's our Giant Schnauzer, Heart, enjoying the snow this morning. See how deep it is? And she's not exactly a teacup poodle. Crazy. 

 That dog loves snow. She eats it like she would eat bacon. Silly girl. :)

I'm off to enjoy a blissful day of no school with my boys! Which means I'm going to have to throw down in a Mario Kart match with them. Huzzah!!

Listening to: Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
Reading: The Secret of Ella and Micha
Snacking on: spearmint gum
Watching: Pretty Little Liars ( I KNOW, what can I say? I love teenage angst)


11 comments:

  1. Yeah! I totally believe the snow what brought by my question yesterday, lol... I've always loved snow days when I was in school! (Especially those huge ones that stop me from going to school...) I can imagine how much fun you guys would have at home today...

    I really love these little jewels that you create using an extremely limited palette -- for some reason they still look very colorful and never muddy! When I use a two or three color palette it almost always looks monotonous.... I am studying how you are able to do it without a shred of monotony! Love the pose and expression of this little guy -- owl is the messenger of Athena and has always been my one of my favorite bird.

    BTW -- for some reason the top image does not link to a larger (unresized) version of it when you click on it. Unless it is your intention, you might want to re-upload the image. I think it is a problem that occurs from time to time with blogger... ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I seen this owl before, Crystal? Not that it matters it's great - I really like it.

    Love the snow scenes... dogs are always puppies at heart!

    We have snow coming in from Siberia this weekend. First of the year ... have a good weekend, Guvvna ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome owl!
    Sounds like you had a little bit of snow then, lol. Hope you all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great day! Love your little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully painted, Crystal!!!..Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect start to a great weekend! Snow days are the best. And I love the owl, something about them that are so appealing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stumbled on your blog from a comment you left elsewhere and am happy to see your work. Very fun and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your "wol" [from Winnie the Pooh]
    Heart is gorgeous. I haven't seen many Giant Schnauzers - great dog!
    Have a wonderful Snow Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one Crystal - it's so nice to sell a painting! My sales are a drop in the ocean of expenses, but I paint for pleasure really so a sale is a bonus :)
    We had a little cocker spaniel who loved the snow too, but her ears were so long and droopy that she got great big snowballs on the end of them when walking in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The owl is just amazing! I LOVE these little paintings - and still so detailed!
    We have snow on the way too apparently, but it's been raining all day today so I doubt it will settle. It is so pretty isn't it? And Charlie is exactly the same when school is cancelled because of the snow - as am I! I hope you built a snowman! :0)

    ReplyDelete




  11. The process of making sunglasses and glasses accessory has come a long way from when Roman Emperor Nero held polished light emerald glass gems up to his eyes and Chinese attached ceramic weights to the ends of ribbons draped over the ears in order to keep on their cool sunglasses.


    Crystal Custom
    Promotional Sunglasses
    Promo Sunglasses
    Personalized sunglasses
    Customized sunglasses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails