Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yearning SOLD

'Yearning'  SOLD
ACEO size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) watercolor on paper

I have now (for the next few days) resorted to painting little ACEO's in watercolor for my daily paintings. I *thought* 5 x 7 was a manageable size, but when you include quite a bit of detail, it still ends up taking me more than a day. And up until now I've been a few paintings ahead, but now I'm not. So small ones it is!! ;)

But I really like this one. This was a tulip from my grandmother's garden last summer. I love tulips. I think they are my second favorite flower.* When we bought our first house and I could actually plant things my mom came over in the fall and helped me plant a bunch of tulips, daffodils, and crocus. And now every year when they bloom I think of her.

This is painting 8/30 in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Huzzah!!

* in case you were wondering my first favorite flower is a calla lily. They were my wedding flower. :)  

9 comments:

  1. It is so interesting that Tulip is my favorite flower, and Cala Lily is my second favorite! How odd is that!! My first flower painting ever is also a Cala Lily...

    I really like this painting -- it captured the full liveliness and the feeling of "yearning" -- for blooming, for spring, for sun, for life -- in the lush color of the petals. I remembered you painted a rose last year and it also captured the life in the bloom so well.

    I am also curious -- when you sell your AECOs do you ship them matted or just as is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bueno, me gusta mucho!

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muy bueno, me gusta mucho!

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy bueno, me gusta mucho :)

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy bueno, me gusta mucho :)

    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tulip is beautifully painted, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so beautiful! I find it hard to sketch daily let alone complete an entire painting - however small!
    My favorite flower is the vibrant red poppy. My second favorite is the bright red Tulip. No prizes for guessing what my favorite colour is ;0) I also LOVE moss! It drives me crazy when hubby decides to sprinkle moss killer on the lawn. I call it natures carpet. Beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete



  8. It is said that the Roman emperor Nero liked to watch gladiator fights with emeralds. These, however, appear to have worked rather like mirrors.


    Crystal Custom
    Promotional Sunglasses
    Promo Sunglasses
    Personalized sunglasses
    Customized sunglasses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment they really do mean so much to me! Because not all bloggers have their email enabled so I can reply directly through email I will try to reply here in the comments. If I don't please forgive me, life must have been hectic that day! :)) Huzzah!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails